[8-14 Measures for Refrigerant Leakage ]
3. Leak spot: In the case of extension pipe for indoor unit (Heating season)
(1) Run all the indoor units in heating test run mode.
1) To run the indoor unit in test run mode, set SW4 (769) on the outdoor unit control board to ON.
2) Change the setting of the remote controller for all the indoor units to the heating mode.
3) Check that all the indoor units are performing a heating operation.
(2) Stop all the indoor units, and stop the compressor.
1) To stop all the indoor units and the compressors, turn SW4 (769) on the outdoor control board from ON to OFF.
2) Check that all the indoor units are stopped.
(3) Close the ball valves (BV1 and BV2).
(4) Collect the refrigerant that remains inside the indoor unit. Do not discharge refrigerant into air into the atmosphere
when it is collected.
(5) Repair the leak.
(6) After repairing the leak, perform evacuation of the extension pipe
and BV2) to adjust refrigerant.
4. Leak spot: In the case of outdoor unit (Heating season)
1) Collect the refrigerant in the entire system (outdoor unit, extended pipe and indoor unit).Do not discharge refrigerant into the
atmosphere when it is collected.
2) Repair the leak.
3) Repair the leak, and evacuate the air from the entire system
(outdoor unit + extension pipe + indoor unit), and charge the system with that amount. For details, refer to the following
page(s). [6-9-3 The Amount of Refrigerant to Be Added](page 162)
*1. For details, refer to the following page(s). [1-3-3 Vacuum Drying](page 12)
for the indoor unit, and open the ball valves (BV1
. Then, calculate the proper amount of refrigerant to be added
- 312 -