Remote Controller Overview and Operations
• To prevent malfunction or damage of the remote controller:
- Place remote controller at where will not be exposed to
direct sunlight or excessive heat.
- Remove batteries if the product is not going to be used for
an extended period.
- Exhausted batteries must be removed immediately, and
be disposed according to the local laws and regulations of
You can quickly start operation with the following 3 steps:
Switches operation mode in following order.
Notes in HEAT mode:
• At the beginning of the operation, the indoor unit operates at very
low fan speed for about 3–5 minutes for preparation, then switches
to the selected fan speed.
• Automatic defrosting operation overrides the heating operation when
TEMP. (temperature) buttons
Sets the desired temperature.
In COOL or DRY mode, the temperature needs to be set lower than
the current room temperature. In HEAT mode, the temperature needs
to be set higher than the current room temperature.
Otherwise, corresponding operation mode may not start.
Temperature setting range
Notes: Temperature control is not available in FAN mode.
Remote controller display
In this section, all the possible indicators are displayed for description.
In actual operation, the display is linked with the button operation, and
only shows the necessary indicators for each setting.
• If leaking battery ﬂ uid comes in contact with your skin, eyes,
or mouth, immediately rinse with plenty of clean water, and
consult your physician.
• Obstacles such as a curtain or wall between the remote
controller and the indoor unit may affect the appropriate
• Do not apply strong shocks to the remote controller.
• Do not pour water on the remote controller.
Activates the POWERFUL operation.
The unit will operate at maximum power and strong airﬂ ow to quickly
cool down or warm up the room.
When activated, the indoor unit will emit 3 short beeps.
To turn off, press the POWERFUL button again. The indoor unit will
then emit 2 short beeps.
POWERFUL operation is automatically turned off in the following
• Adjusted room temperature reaches the set temperature in COOL,
DRY, or HEAT mode.
• 20 minutes have passed after the POWERFUL operation mode has
Even in situations above, the POWERFUL operation will not
automatically turn off unless it has run for a certain amount of time.
• The airﬂ ow direction and the fan speed are controlled automatically.
• This operation cannot be performed simultaneously with ECONOMY
• POWERFUL operation will override the OUTDOOR UNIT LOW
NOISE, ENERGY SAVING functions. Both functions, if set, will start
after the POWERFUL operation is turned off.
10 °C HEAT button
Starts 10 °C HEAT operation that mainains the room temperature at
10 °C so as to prevent the room temperature to drop too low.
After pressing the button to start the 10 °C HEAT operation, the
indoor unit emits 2 short beeps and the ECONOMY indicator (green)
will turn on.
To turn off, press the START/STOP button. The Economy indicator
will turn off.
• In 10 °C HEAT operation mode, only the vertical airﬂ ow direction
can be adjusted by using the SET button.
• HEAT mode will not be performed if the room temperature is warm
7/23/2013 10:34:41 AM
7/23/2013 10:34:41 AM