Download the iRobot Home App and Connect to Wifi
- Follow the step-by-step instructions to set up your Roomba.
- Set up PrecisionVision Navigation to avoid obstacles in real time.
- Set an automatic cleaning schedule and customize cleaning preferences.
- Create smart maps to tell your robot where and when to clean.
Light Ring Spiral While Charging
White Spiral: charging
Red Spiral: charging, low battery
A solid white light will indicate the battery charge percentage of your robot
- Place the robot on the charging station to activate the battery.
Note: Your robot comes with a partial charge, but we recommend that you charge the robot for 3 hours prior to starting the first cleaning job.
When your robot is fully charged, the light ring indicator will intermittently pulse white at the rear.
- The robot uses a small amount of power whenever it is on the charging station. You can put the robot in a further-reduced power state when not in use. To put your robot into reduced power standby mode, remove the dust bin and tap the clean button 5 times. To exit reduced power standby mode, place your robot on the charging station and tap the clean button. For more details on this Reduced Power Standby Mode, refer to the FAQ page on our website.
- For long-term storage, turn off the robot by removing it from the charging station and holding down the clean button for 3 seconds with one wheel off the ground. Store the robot in a cool, dry place.
(Just press the clean button
Tap to Start/Pause/Resume
Hold for 2-5 seconds to end a job)
- Your robot will automatically explore and clean your home. It will return to the charging station at the end of a cleaning job and whenever it needs to recharge.
Remove excess clutter from floors before cleaning. Use your robot frequently to maintain well-conditioned floors.
- To end a job and send the robot back to its charging station, hold the clean button down for 2-5 seconds. A blue light ring pattern will indicate that the robot is seeking the charging station.
- When your robot detects an especially dirty area, it will engage Dirt Detect™ mode, moving in a forward/backward motion to clean the area more thoroughly. The light ring indicator will flash blue.
When the robot senses its bin needs to be emptied, the light ring indicator will illuminate in a red sweeping motion toward the rear.
- Your robot will tell you something is wrong by playing an audio alert and turning the light ring indicator red. Press the clean button or tap the bumper for details. Check the iRobot Home App for further support.
- After 90 minutes of inactivity off the charging station, the robot will automatically end its cleaning job.
- To factory reset your robot, remove the dust bin and hold the clean button down for seven (7) seconds. A sound will let you know when the factory reset has been completed. Press the clean button down once more to confirm.
Battery Safety & Shipping
For best results, only use the iRobot Lithium Ion Battery that comes with your robot.
Lithium ion batteries and products that contain lithium ion batteries are subject to stringent transportation regulations. If you need to ship this product for service, travel or any other reason, you MUST follow the below shipping instructions.
- Battery MUST be turned off before shipping.
- Turn off the battery by removing the robot from the charging station and holding down the clean button for 3 seconds with one wheel off the ground. All indicators will turn off.
- Package the robot securely for shipping.
- If you need further assistance, contact our Customer Care team or visit global.irobot.com.
Care and Maintenance
Care and Maintenance Instructions
To keep your robot running at peak performance, perform the procedures on the following pages.
There are additional instructional videos in the iRobot Home App. If you notice the robot picking up less debris from your floor, empty the bin, clean the filter, and clean the brushes.
| Care Frequency
| Replacement Frequency*
| Wash bin as needed
| Clean once a week (twice a week if you have a pet).Do not wash.
| Every 2 months
| Full Bin Sensor
| Clean every 2 weeks
| Front Caster Wheel
| Clean every 2 weeks
| Every 12 months
| Edge-Sweeping Brush and Multi-Surface Brushes
| Clean once a month (twice a month if you have a pet)
| Every 12 months
| Sensors and Charging Contacts
| Clean once a month
| Camera Window
| Clean and inspect once a month
| After 30 washes
| Mopping pad
| Clean after a mopping job
| After 30 washes
| Wick cap
| Replace if dirty or shows wear
Note: iRobot manufactures various replacement parts and assemblies. If you think you need a replacement part, please contact iRobot Customer Care for more information.
* Replacement frequency may vary. Parts should be replaced if visible wear appears.
Emptying the Bin
- Press bin release button to remove bin.
- Open bin door to empty bin.
- Place bin back in the robot.
Cleaning the Filter
- Remove the bin. Remove the filter by grasping both ends and pulling out.
- Remove debris by tapping the filter against your trash container.
- Reinsert filter with ridged grips facing out. Place bin back in the robot.
The robot will not run if the filter is not installed correctly. Replace the filter every two months.
Washing the Bin
Do not wash the filter. Remove the filter before washing the bin.
- Rinse the bin using warm water.
Note: Bin is not dishwasher safe.
Cleaning the Edge-Sweeping Brush
- Pull to remove the Edge-Sweeping Brush. Remove any hair or debris, then reinstall the brush.
Cleaning the Front Caster Wheel
- Reinstall all parts when finished. Make sure the wheel clicks back into place.
A front wheel clogged with hair and debris could result in damage to your floor. If the wheel is not spinning freely after you have cleaned it, please contact Customer Care.
Cleaning the Multi-Surface Brushes
- Pinch the brush frame release tab, lift the tab, and remove any obstructions.
- Remove the brushes from the robot. Remove the brush caps from the ends of the brushes. Remove any hair or debris that has collected beneath the caps. Reinstall the brush caps.
- Remove any hair or debris from the square and hexagonal pegs on the opposite side of the brushes.
- Remove the bin from the robot and clear any debris from the vacuum path.
- Reinstall the brushes in the robot. Match the shape of the brush pegs with the shape of the brush icons in the cleaning head module
Cleaning the Sensors, Camera Window and Charging Contacts
- Wipe sensors, camera window, and charging contacts with a clean, dry cloth.
Do not spray cleaning solution or water onto the sensors or sensor openings.
Cleaning the Mopping Pad
Thoroughly wash the pad with warm water.
Wash using the warm cycle, then air dry. Do not tumble dry. Do not wash with delicates.
Replacing the Wick Cap
- Remove pad plate
- Remove the wick cap by pulling on the side rubber tab.
Here you can download full pdf version of manual, it may contain additional safety instructions, warranty information, FCC rules, etc.