• Never modify this unit by removing any of the safety guards or bypassing any of the safety interlock switches.
• Installation work must be requested from the supplying retail dealership or professional vendors. Self-installation may cause water leakage, electrical
shock, or ﬁ re as a result of improper installation.
• Speciﬁ ed tools and pipe parts for model R410A are required, and installation work must be done in accordance with the manual. HFC type refrigerant
R410A has 1.6 times more pressure than that of conventional refrigerant (R22). Use the speciﬁ ed pipe parts, and ensure correct installation, otherwise
damage and/or injury may be caused. At the same time, water leakage, electrical shock, and ﬁ re may occur.
• Be sure to install the unit in a place which can sufﬁ ciently bear its weight. If the load bearing of the unit is not enough, or installation of the unit is
improper, the unit may fall and result in injury.
• Electrical work must be performed by a qualiﬁ ed electrical engineer in accordance with the code governing such installation work, internal wiring
regulations, and the manual. A dedicated circuit and the rated voltage must be used. Insufﬁ cient power supply or improper installation may cause
electrical shock or ﬁ re.
• Use a cabtyre cable to connect wires in the indoor/outdoor units. Midway connection, stranded wire, and single-wire connections are not allowed.
Improper connection or ﬁ xing may cause a ﬁ re.
• Wiring between the indoor unit and outdoor units must be well shaped so that the cover can be ﬁ rmly placed. Improper cover installation may cause
increased heat, ﬁ re, or electrical shock at the terminal area.
• Be sure to use only approved accessories or the speciﬁ ed parts. Failure to do so may cause the unit to fall, water leakage, ﬁ re or electrical shock.
• After the installation work, ensure that there is no leakage of refrigerant gas. If the refrigerant gas leaks out of the pipe into the room and is heated by
ﬁ re or something else from a fan heater, stove or gas range, it causes generation of poisonous gas.
• Make sure the equipment is properly earthed. Do not connect the earth wire to a gas pipe, water pipe, lightning conductor, or telephone earth wire.
Improper earth work may be the cause of electrical shock.
• Do not install the unit where ﬂ ammable gas may leak. If there is any gas leakage or accumulation around the unit, it can cause a ﬁ re.
• Do not select a location for installation where there may be excessive water or humidity, such as a bathroom. Deterioration of insulation may cause
electrical shock or ﬁ re.
• Installation work must be performed following the instructions in this installation manual. Improper installation may cause water leakage, electrical shock
or ﬁ re. Check the following items before operating the unit.
- Be sure that the pipe connection is well placed and there are no leaks.
- Check that the service valve is open. If the service valve is closed, it may cause overpressure and result in compressor damage. At the same time, if
there is a leak in the connection part, it may cause air suction and overpressure, resulting in damage to the unit or injury.
• In a pump-down operation, be sure to stop the compressor unit before removing the refrigerant pipe. If removing the refrigerant pipe while the
compressor is operating with the service valve opened, it may cause air suction and overpressure, resulting in damage to the unit or injury.
• Do not modify the power cable, connect the cable midway, or use a multiple outlet extension cable. Doing so may cause contact failure, insulation
failure, or excess current, resulting in ﬁ re or electrical shock.
• Appliance shall be installed in accordance with national wiring regulation.
If you detect any damage do not install the unit. Contact your supplying dealer immediately.
• Do not use any refrigerant different from the one speciﬁ ed for complement or replacement.
Otherwise, abnormally high pressure may be generated in the refrigeration cycle, which may result in a failure or explosion of the product or an injury to
• Exposure of unit to water or other moisture before installation could result in electric shock. Do not store it in a wet basement or expose to rain or water.
• After unpacking the unit, examine it carefully for possible damage.
• Do not install in a place that can increase the vibration of the unit. Do not install in a place that can amplify the noise level of the unit or where noise and
discharged air might disturb neighbors.
• Please read this installation manual carefully before installing the unit. It contains further important instructions for proper installation.
• This appliance must be connected to the main power supply by means of a circuit breaker depending on the place where the unit is installed. Failure to do
so may cause electrical shock.
• Follow the instructions in this installation manual to arrange the drain pipe for proper drainage from the unit. Ensure that drained water is discharged.
Improper drainage can result in water leakage, causing water damage to furniture.
• Tighten the ﬂ are nut with a torque wrench using the prescribed method. Do not apply excess torque. Otherwise, the nut may crack after a long period of
usage and it may cause the leakage of refrigerant.
• Wear gloves (heavy gloves such as cotton gloves) for installation work. Failure to do so may cause personal injury when handling parts with sharp edges.
• Do not touch the air intake section or the aluminum ﬁ ns of the outdoor unit. It may cause injury.
• Do not install the outdoor unit in a place which can be a nest for small animals. Small animals could enter and contact internal electrical parts, causing a
failure or ﬁ re.
• Request the user to keep the place around the unit tidy and clean.
• Make sure to conduct a trial operation after the installation work, and explain how to use and maintain the unit to the customer in accordance with the
manual. Ask the customer to keep the operation manual along with the installation manual.
• The manufacturer shall not assume any liability for the damage caused by not observing the description of this manual.
Please make absolutely sure that the installation of this appliance is reported to the local power supplier before installation. If you experience any problems
or if the installation is not accepted by the supplier, the service agency will take adequate countermeasures.
REQUIREMENT OF REPORT TO THE LOCAL POWER SUPPLIER