Care and Cleaning (continued)
Replacing the air cleaning ﬁ lters
Remove the air ﬁ lter. (Refer to step 1 and 2 in "Cleaning the air
Release 2 latches a of the ﬁ lter holder, and turn over the holder
in direction of arrow b.
Remove the soiled air cleaning ﬁ lter c.
Air cleaning ﬁ lter is attached on each air ﬁ lter.
Attach new or maintained air cleaning ﬁ lter d to the ﬁ lter holder.
New air cleaning ﬁ lter can be attached to either of the right holder
or the left holder.
Latch 2 corners of the ﬁ lter holder e to the air ﬁ lter ﬁ rmly.
Reinstall the air ﬁ lter. (Refer to step 6 in "Cleaning the air ﬁ lters".)
Close the intake grille ﬁ rmly.
(Refer to step 4 in "Cleaning the intake grille".)
AIR CONDITIONER Wall Mounted Type
Following 2 types of air cleaning ﬁ lters are used in this product.
When you replace them, purchase dedicated air cleaning ﬁ lters for this
Apple-catechin ﬁ lter: UTR-FA16
The Apple-catechin ﬁ lter uses static electricity to clean ﬁ ne particles
and dust in the air such as tobacco smoke and plant pollen that are
too small to see.
• This ﬁ lter is disposable. Do not wash or reuse it.
• Once you open the package, use it as soon as possible. The
cleaning effect is reduced if the ﬁ lter is left with the package opened.
• Replace the ﬁ lter once every 3 months under normal use.
• By setting the fan speed high, the air cleaning effect increases.
Ion deodorization ﬁ lter: UTR-FA16-2
The ﬁ lter deodorizes by powerfully decomposing absorbed odors
using the oxidizing and reducing effects of ions generated by the
ultra-ﬁ ne-particle ceramic.
• To maintain the deodorizing effect, clean the ﬁ lter once every 3
months as follows:
1. Remove the ﬁ lter.
2. Flush the ﬁ lter with high-pressure hot water until the surface of
the ﬁ lter is covered with water.
3. Wash the ﬁ lter gently with diluent neutral detergent. Do not wash
it by wringing or rubbing to prevent reducing the deodorizing
effect by damage.
4. Rinse the ﬁ lter well with water ﬂ ow.
5. Dry the ﬁ lter thoroughly in a shaded place.
6. Reinstall the ﬁ lter to the indoor unit.
• Replace the ﬁ lter once every 3 years under normal use.
After extended non-use of the unit
If you have shut down the indoor unit for 1 month or more, perform the
FAN operation for half a day to dry the internal parts thoroughly before
you perform normal operation.
After long period of use, accumulated dust inside the indoor unit may
reduce the product performance even if you have maintained the unit
with instructed daily care or cleaning procedures written in this manual.
In such a case, a product inspection is recommended.
For more information, consult authorized service personnel.
Filter Indicator Reset (Special setting)
• This function can be used if set correctly during installation.
Please consult authorized service personnel in order to use this
• Clean the air ﬁ lter when the indicator lamp show the following;
ECONOMY indicator lamp
After cleaning, reset the ﬁ lter indicator by pushing the "MANUAL AUTO"
button on the indoor unit for 3 seconds or less.
(Light blue, 1 sheet)
Flashes 3 times, at intervals of 21