Command Diagnostic Messages
C1803 Inertia detection failed
Supported by Firmware Variant:
At the beginning of the automatic control loop setting the mass inertia is
determined by a "pendulum test".
This means that the speed change and motor current during acceleration
or deceleration have to exceed certain minimum values in order to
guarantee useful and sufficiently exact calculation of the inertia.
• drive acceleration too low
• load inertia too high
• motor speed too low
• not enough measured values for automatic control loop setting
• increase S-0-0260, Positioning acceleration
• increase S-0-0092, Bipolar torque/force limit value
• increase S-0-0259, Positioning Velocity
• increase S-0-0108, Feedrate override
See also Functional Description "Prerequisites for Starting the Automatic
Control Loop Setting"
C1803 - Attributes