PVT / FINAL DRIVE / WHEEL AND TIRE
Drive Clutch / Driven Clutch / Belt Service
Refer to PVT SYSTEM SERVICE, page 5.8 for service
and removal procedures.
PVT Intake Pre-Filter Service
It is recommended that the PVT intake pre-filter be
inspected daily. The filter should be inspected using the
1. The PVT intake pre-filter is located just above the left
rear wheel fender.
2. Loosen the knob on top of the assembly and lift up to
disengage the tab from the cargo box.
3. Inspect the pre-filter. If necessary, clean with soapy
water and dry with low pressure compressed air.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
NOTE: After operating in water, the vehicle's PVT
system should be checked immediately. Use the
following instructions to dry it out before operating.
The PVT drain plug is located at the bottom of the outer
clutch cover. Access the drain plug through the left rear
1. Using a flat blade screwdriver, remove the PVT drain
and O-ring from the outer clutch cover.
2. Allow the water to drain out completely.
3. Reinstall the drain plug and O-ring.
4. Place the transmission in PARK, apply the brake and
start the engine.
5. Apply varying throttle for 10-15 seconds to expel the
moisture and air-dry the belt and clutches.
NOTE: Do not hold the throttle pedal wide open
for more than 5 seconds.
6. Allow the engine RPM to return to idle, then shift the
transmission into low gear.
7. Test the PVT system for belt slippage. If the belt
slips, repeat the process or remove the outer clutch
cover to inspect the PVT system (see Chapter 4 –
PVT SYSTEM SERVICE, page 5.8 for service and
If the vehicle has ingested a large
amount of water into the PVT system and has not
been operated for a period of time, be sure to
check the PVT system components for water