11. Remove new fuel pump assembly
from packaging. Use care not to bend
during un-packaging. Do not lift or carry
fuel pump assembly by the float arm.
12. Use cleaning wipes provided to clean fuel tank
surface and threads
and oil. Allow surfaces to dry completely.
13. Install new PFA gasket onto fuel pump assembly
using care not to damage gasket or bend float arm.
14. Install fuel pump into fuel tank, hold float arm to the
pump body and tilt assembly to ensure float arm
does not get caught or bent during installation.
15. Gently push down on fuel pump flange ensuring
flange is centered.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
. Remove all debris, grease
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
16. Roughly align orientation mark on fuel pump
between the orientation marks on fuel tank to ensure
float arm does not get bent or snagged.
Failure to align the orientation marks may lead to
interferences with the fuel level float arm
and cause incorrect function.
17. While maintaining downward pressure, thread new
PFA nut onto fuel tank and hand tighten. Use care
when starting PFA nut, ensuring threads are properly
aligned. Verify orientation marks are still aligned
between fuel pump and fuel tank.
18. Torque PFA nut to specification using the Fuel Pump
Service Tool (PU-50326) and a calibrated torque
Fuel Pump PFA Nut:
19. Verify alignment of fuel pump and tank orientation
20. Connect the fuel supply line to the pump (see
Chapter 2 –
NOTE: Be sure to engage the retainers on each
fuel line until each snaps into place. Pull on fuel
lines lightly to confirm connection.
21. Install the fuel tank vent line onto the tank fitting.
22. Connect the fuel pump electrical harness.
70 ft-lbs (95 Nm)
Fuel Lines, page 2.13 for specific