ENGINE / COOLING SYSTEM
14. Torque the four front engine mount fasteners to
Front Engine Mount Fasteners:
40 ft-lbs (54 Nm)
15. Remove the lifting straps and overhead or portable
16. Install the two coolant hoses onto the engine.
17. Install front support bracket
onto the vehicle frame. Torque fasteners to
18. Install push rivet through heat shield
19. Install the exhaust heat shield and push rivets.
20. Replace exhaust gaskets (seals). Install exhaust
head pipe. Install the six fasteners that attach the
exhaust head pipe to the engine and torque to
Exhaust Head Pipe Bolts:
18 ft-lb (24 Nm)
21. Install the two exhaust springs that attach the head
pipe to the muffler.
22. Install the breather hose to the crankcase.
23. Install the spark plug wires to the appropriate
cylinder by referencing the MAG and PTO spark plug
NOTE: Ensure plug wires caps are pushed down
all the way so they engage onto the spark plugs.
and rear support
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
24. Install the throttle body assembly and connect fuel
lines. Install throttle cable retaining clip.
25. Secure wire harness in the routing clip on the rear
26. Install (+) positive cable to the starter motor.
27. Install (-) negative cable to the starter motor
28. Properly route and connect the harness leads for the
stator, CPS, TMAP sensor, ECT sensor, fuel injectors
and ignition coil.
29. Install the air box assembly as outlined in the EFI
Chapter (See Chapter 4 – ETC Replacement, page
30. Install the inner clutch cover, drive clutch, driven
clutch, drive belt, outer clutch cover and clutch outlet
duct (see Chapter 6 – PVT Disassembly, page 5.11).
31. Install the left rear shock lower mounting bolt and
new nut. Torque to specification.
Rear Shock Mounting Bolt:
70 ft-lbs (95 Nm)
32. Install the left rear wheel and torque wheel nuts to
120 ft-lbs (163 Nm)
33. Install the rear bumper and cargo box as an
NOTE: Be sure to connect the engine intake
hose and clutch air intake hose to the rear cargo
box asm upon installation.
34. Connect the (-) negative battery cable.
35. Remove the pressure cap and fill the cooling system
through the filler neck with properly mixed anti-freeze
36. Install a new oil filter. Lubricate the seal with engine
oil prior to installation (see Chapter 2 – Engine Oil
and Filter Change, page 2.18).
37. Add approximately 2.5 quarts (3.3 L) of Polaris PS-4
or PS-4 Extreme Duty Synthetic Engine Oil to the
engine. Additional oil may be required after complete
engine disassembly. Check level after filling and add
oil as needed.