2) Check bolts and nuts for tightness and retighten
them as necessary. Repair or replace defective
parts, if any.
3) Check steering linkage for looseness and damage.
Repair or replace defective parts, if any.
4) Check boots (1) and (2) of steering linkage and
steering gear case for damage (leak, detachment,
tear, etc.). If damage is found, replace defective boot
with new one.
If any dent is found on steering gear case boots,
correct it to original shape by turning steering wheel
to the right or left as far as it stops and holding it for a
5) Check universal joints (3) of steering shaft for rattle
and damage. If rattle or damage is found, replace
defective part with a new one.
6) Check that steering wheel can be turned fully to the
right and left. Repair or replace defective parts, if
7) If equipped with power steering system, check also,
in addition to check items, that steering wheel can be
turned fully to the right and left more lightly when
engine is running at idle speed than when it is
stopped. Repair, if found faulty.
8) Check wheel alignment referring to "Front Wheel
Alignment Inspection and Adjustment in Section 2B".
Drive Shaft (Axle) Boots Inspection
Check drive shaft boots (wheel side and differential side)
for leaks, detachment, tear or other damage.
Replace defective parts as necessary.
Maintenance and Lubrication:
Propeller Shaft (4WD) Inspection
1) Check propeller shaft connecting bolts for
looseness. If looseness is found, tighten to specified
2) Check propeller shaft joints for wear, play and
damage. If any defect is found, replace.
3) Check propeller shaft center support for biting of
foreign matter, crank, abnormal noise and damage.
If any defect is found, replace.
Manual Transaxle Oil Inspection
Check transaxle oil for leakage, contamination and level
referring to "Manual Transaxle Oil Level Check in
Manual Transaxle Oil Replacement
Change transaxle oil with new specified oil referring to
"Manual Transaxle Oil Change in Section 5B".
Automatic Transaxle Fluid Level Inspection
Check fluid for leakage, contamination and level
referring to"A/T Fluid Level Check in Section 5A".
Automatic Transaxle Fluid Replacement
Change fluid referring to "A/T Fluid Change in Section
Automatic Transaxle Fluid Cooler Hose
Check automatic transaxle fluid cooler hose for fluid
leakage, cracks, damage and deterioration. Replace
hose and/or clamp if any faulty condition is found.