Brake Hoses and Pipes Inspection
Perform this inspection where these is enough light and
use a mirror as necessary.
• Check brake hoses and pipes for proper hookup,
leaks, cracks, chafing and other damage.
• Check that hoses and pipes are clear of sharp edges
and moving parts.
Repair or replace any of these parts as necessary.
After replacing any brake pipe or hose, be
sure to carry out air purge operation.
Brake Fluid Replacement
Change brake fluid as follows.
Drain existing fluid from brake system completely, fill
system with specified fluid and carry out air purge
For air purging procedure, refer to "Air Bleeding of Brake
System in Section 4A".
Brake Lever and Cable Inspection
1) Inspect brake cable for damage and smooth
Replace cable if it is in deteriorated condition.
2) Check tooth tip of each notch for damage or wear. If
any damage or wear is found, replace parking lever.
3) Check parking brake lever for proper operation and
stroke, and adjust it if necessary.
For checking and adjusting procedures, refer to
"Parking Brake Inspection and Adjustment in Section
Parking brake lever stroke
"a": 4 – 9 notches (with 200 N (20 kg, 44 lbs) of pull
Clutch Pedal Inspection
Check clutch pedal travel.
For checking procedure, refer to "Clutch Pedal
Inspection in Section 5C".
Clutch Fluid Inspection
1) Check clutch system for evidence of fluid leakage.
Repair leaky point if any.
2) Check reservoir for fluid level referring to "Clutch
Fluid Level Inspection in Section 5C".
If fluid is lower than minimum level (1) of reservoir,
refill reservoir with specified brake fluid indicated on
reservoir cap (2).
Maintenance and Lubrication: