DTC P0133: O2 Sensor (HO2S) Circuit Slow Response (Sensor-1)
Refer to "DTC P0131 / P0132: O2 Sensor (HO2S) Circuit Low Voltage / High Voltage (Sensor-1)".
DTC Detecting Condition and Trouble Area
Response time (time to change from lean to rich or from rich to lean) of HO2S-1 output
voltage is about 1 sec. at minimum or average time of 1 cycle is 5 sec. at minimum.
(2 driving cycle detection logic, monitoring once / 1 driving)
DTC Confirmation Procedure
• When performing a road test, select a place where there is no traffic or possibility of a traffic
accident and be very careful during testing to avoid occurrence of an accident.
• Road test should be carried out by 2 persons, a driver and a tester, on a level road.
Check to make sure that following conditions are satisfied when using this "DTC Confirmation
• Intake air temperature at engine start: –10 °C (14 °F) to 80 °C (176 °F)
• Intake air temperature: –10 °C (14 °F) to 70 °C (158 °F)
• Engine coolant temperature: 70 °C (158 °F) or more
• Altitude (barometric pressure): 2500 m, 8200 ft or less (560 mmHg, 74.4 kPa or more)
1) With ignition switch turned OFF, connect scan tool.
2) Turn ON ignition switch and clear DTC using scan tool.
3) Start engine and warm up to normal operating temperature.
4) Drive vehicle at 40 mph (60 km/h) or higher. (engine speed: 2500 – 3000 r/min.)
5) Keep above vehicle speed for 6 min. or more. (Throttle valve opening is kept constant in this step.)
6) Release accelerator pedal and with engine brake applied, keep vehicle coasting (with fuel cut for 3 sec. or more)
and then stop vehicle.
7) For european market model, check whether O2 sensor readiness/monitoring test has completed or not by using
If O2 sensor readiness/monitoring test has not completed, check vehicle conditions (environmental) and repeat
Step 3) through 6).
8) Check DTC and pending DTC.
Before this troubleshooting is performed, read the precautions for DTC troubleshooting referring to
"Precautions for DTC Troubleshooting".
Was "Engine and Emission Control System Check"
Is there DTC(s) other than HO2S-1 (DTC P0133)?
DTC detecting condition
Engine General Information and Diagnosis:
Go to Step 2.
Go to applicable DTC
Heated oxygen sensor-1
Go to "Engine and